Monday, May 30, 2011

Frankenstein, or the Modern Prometheus

This is an introductory blog to what will be the next piece of criticism I publish here.  I wrote a lengthy paper about Shelley's masterpiece and when I receive my feedback from my professor I will make the appropriate changes and publish it here, along with a short synopsis and the historical background to the novel.  Just to warn you, the story itself is very entertaining but much of the criticism I found was somewhat dry, especially because of the overwhelming feminist response to the novel.  I managed to stay away from the mainstream approach and I tried to adopt a more psycho-social philosophy when critiquing the novel.  Keep in mind that Mary Shelley's  novel was first published in 1818 when she was only 19 years old.  However, like I have said before I believe a text can speak for itself, especially when it comes to the author's subconscious.  It should be posted here in the next week or so, and hopefully that begets a strand of new posts.  Hopefully.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home